Welcome to our Metro Mothers Network Fitness page!
We hope you find the following information helpful. Please remember that Fitness is a huge part of your “whole” MumNet experience, and we hope you will be an active member in our group exercise classes!
All of our instructors are certified as Fitness Instructor Specialists (FIS) through Can-Fit-Pro or other recognized accreditation. Many are also certified in other areas as well, such as Personal Training, Pre and Post-natal and Pilates, just to name a few. They bring a wealth of experience to our group exercise program, and most of them are mothers as well. Many of our instructors have also been members of a group at one time or another (or still are), so they understand what it is like to be a new (or old!) mom!
In all of our groups (MumNet, or MumVet), our instructors incorporate a variety of techniques into the exercise program while remaining sensitive to pre- and post-natal concerns as well as any other health issues. You will be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire when you register which will help your instructor to plan safe and effective classes. Please feel free to discuss any health concerns with your instructor. This will enable them to show you alternatives if necessary while exercising with the group.
Suggestions to make your MumNet Fitness experience a positive one:
- Arrive by 9am to get your child(ren) settled into the childcare room. Our group exercise classes begin promptly at 9:15am. We know that it’s hard, but please do your best to be on time. We don’t want you injuring yourself because you have missed the warm-up.
- Wear comfortable clothing including running shoes and a good supportive bra, especially if you are nursing!
- Bring a water bottle!! A towel is also nice to have.
- Feel free to bring your own mat. Many of our locations have mats but there are a few which do not. Check with the group leader prior to the first class to see if mats are available at your location.
- Talk to your instructor about any concerns/questions you may have or just to let them know if they are doing a good job. They are there to listen and appreciate you taking the time to do this.
- Voice your concerns about anything to do with the fitness component of MumNet by bringing it to the attention of your fitness instructor or, if need be, to the attention of the Fitness Manager who oversees the fitness component for all of the MumNet groups.
Some famous health and fitness quotes to help motivate you…
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
Eubie Blake (on his 100th birthday):
“If I’d known I was going to live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
“If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.”
Norman Vincent Peale:
“Learn to relax. Your body is precious, as it houses your mind and spirit. Inner peace begins with a relaxed body.”
Here are some interesting articles about fitness and wellness. For more interesting articles, go to the Member’s Forum and click on the “Wellness, Health & Fitness” board.
5 Beginner’s Fitness Mistakes to Avoid
6 Best Picks and Skips at the Salad Bar
Eating Right to Walk, Drive or Relax
Important to Train for the biggest workout of your life
So now you have this beautiful little baby – Getting back in shape after baby
For more information please call 416-487-MUMS  or EMAIL US.
Metro Mothers Network (MumNet) is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization.